Last updated: 10th January 2017
Pocket Risk is committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. Should we ask you to provide certain information by which you can be identified when using this website, then you can be assured that it will only be used in accordance with this privacy statement.
Information we collect
We may collect the following information from you:
- Your full name and email address.
- Your company or organisation name.
- Answers to our risk questionnaire.
- Other information relevant to customer newsletters, surveys and/or offers.
- Credit card payment information for you to access our service.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs, provide you with a better service and to complete our risk analysis. In particular we require this information to:
- Manage logins and use of the Pocket Risk system.
- Keep internal records.
- Improve our products and services.
- We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
- We may periodically send email or call you about new products or other information that we think you may find interesting. We will use the email address or phone number you provided. However you can unsubscribe from the emails at any time using the link on the email. If you do not wish us to call you again please let us know during our phone conversation or email us at [email protected] We will not contact a financial advisor or rep’s clients or any end user except those employed by the company/organisation that has signed up to use our service.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online.
When we provide services, we want to make them easy, useful and reliable. Where services are delivered on the internet, this sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies. They cannot be used to identify you personally.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- Enabling a service to recognise your device so you don’t have to give the same information several times during one task;
- Recognising that you may already have given a username and password so you don’t need to do it for every web page requested;
- Measuring how many people are using services, so they can be made easier to use and to ensure there’s enough capacity to ensure they are fast.
Our site uses two types of cookies: ‘Session’ and ‘Persistent’.
Session cookies: A session cookie lasts only for the duration of your visit to the website. It will expire when you close your browser, or if you haven’t visited the site for certain period of time (called session idle timeout, in which case, the site will expire/invalidate the user session).
Persistent cookies: A persistent cookie will outlast user sessions. If a persistent cookie has its Max-Age set to 1 year, then, within the year, the initial value set in that cookie would be sent back to site every time the user visits the site. This could be used to record a vital piece of information such as how you initially came to the website. For this reason, persistent cookies are also called tracking cookies.
Cookies for measuring visitor numbers
We use Google Analytics to track visitor numbers. For further details about these services please visit here.
Ocassionally we may use and test a wide array of different internet services to improve your experience with the product and to market to you in the future if you leave our site. If you require further information on this please contact us at [email protected]
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information that you provide whilst visiting such sites. This privacy statement does not govern these sites. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Your personal information
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so.
You may request details of personal information that we hold about you under data protection laws. If you would like a copy of the information held on you please email us at [email protected]
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please email us as soon as possible, at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Terminating your account
If you wish to terminate your account you can do so via the “My Account” section of your account or by emailing us at [email protected] from the email address that you signed up with. Once we receive this email, providing the email matches your login details, we will terminate your account and any data relating to that account. Please note this procedure cannot be undone.
Pocket Risk may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are satisfied with any changes.